Friday, January 13, 2006


Man, I love the old school games. I just got Zoo Keeper in a collection of games for the Xbox, a steal at $19.99. Zoo Keeper was the one game that I remember drawing the largest crowd at the neighborhood 7-11. I dumped countless quarters into that damn thing trying to beat my brother's high score, Bob Scrignoli's and Wayne Zacher's. While I excelled at Mr. Do!, I never quite got the top spot on Zoo Keeper (which had "rest:" levels reminiscent of Mario--notice the resemblance?). Anyhow, back in the day when high scores mattered and you identified yourself with three simple initials, I was known as BOO. Anyone who entered ASS guaranteed that the game would be reset, and a the race for number one would begin anew. Sometimes I think that Tom, the night manager was the one who would enter ASS, as it assured that there would be a ton of us hanging around at night keeping him company and bolstering profits as we struggled to re-achieve those multi-million point high scores. Posted by Picasa

No comments: