Saturday, June 11, 2005

Home again, home again....

However the saying goes. I am back in the northland once again. I had forgotten how much rain Minnesota gets during the early summer months. Living in the desert for 3 years, I lost track of how to enjoy a gray, wet day. Of course, the time spent in Seattle, where the myth of rain is far worse than the actualities, taught me to plod forward with plans even when it looks hopeless. The planned BBQ is still on. The entire family has gathered and we will not be deterred.

Somehow, I obtained the main course duties. Now, I have to figure out the best way to cook three chickens.

Option number 1: Herb Roasted Chicken
Option number 2:Beer Can Chicken. The only thing appealing about this one is the beer. If only there were another way to stuff the bird.
Option number 3: Traditional. The American standard.

It's all about the ritual of fire and meat, so the recipe doesn't really matter anyhow.

No comments: